Monday, January 23, 2012

Perfect Morning

 The morning sun is up thirty minutes ago. Just a bit of morning dew on the grass, and the deck table. I have a old Terrie cloth towel to wipe off the dew from the table, and my old captains chair. Yes, that will do, that's dry enough for what I want.

 The sun is peeking through the old maple, and buckeye tree leaves, spotting the deck, and table with rainbows of light. As I walk back into the house for a hot cup of Irish tea, with a touch of sugar, and grab a book, and magazine. My buddy, old bear dog (half Rottweiler half German Shepard) wants to go with me. He gives me that look, I can not refuse. You know that look. The one that begs to go with you, and makes you feel like a heel if you don't let him go with you. So out we go, just me, and my bud.  

 As he busts down the steps looking for a squirrel to chase, I set my tea, and books down, then head back in to get me some toast, and homemade grape jelly with real cow butter. Nothing beats that for a morning treat.  

The morning air is sweet, and crisp. The lilacs, and tulip trees, are in full bloom, making the air sweet. I have catnip, and lemon balm growing by the steps, that also lend a sweetness, and tart crispness to the mix. Bear is done wolfing, and looking for the squirrel that torments him, and the wife while she is trying to relax, and read in the mornings. It shucks the husk off the walnuts right above her head, and chatters at the dog just to have his morning fun.

 Some day, I will get that furry little knot head, and bear can get his revenge at last. But for now, its just me, and my bud, enjoying this beautiful morning. I think we might go fishing a while after bit, we have nothing else to do today, and that sounds like a lot of fun.
You just have to love a perfect morning, they don't last that long, or come around everyday.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home